Vision for Education Event
What's your vision for education? How do you want it funded?
Legislators on the Education Funding Task Force (EFTF) will be meeting in Olympia on 9/6 from 10:00am – 12:00pm. The first report from the consultant to the Task Force is due September 1st. We anticipate this hearing will involve a report back and discussion of the consultants report. Additionally, at the last EFTF meeting, Senator Ann Rivers asked everyone to come back with, “a vision for education.”
This is your chance to speak up!
We are organizing Washington Paramount Duty supporters - in force - delivering a message - loud and clear:
We need more money to fully fund basic education - shifting levy dollars around won’t solve the problem – we need a real, stable, fair solution that will protect other basic services.
Education Funding Task Force Meeting
September 6, 2016
10:00am – 12:00pm
12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch
Sign up below...
We can’t do it without you:
We want to recruit parents and our allies from around the state to take the day, join the action in Olympia and be heard. This is a great opportunity for us to let legislators, the media and our local communities know: We can no longer afford to delay - full funding for basic education must happen now — and the legislature needs to raise new revenues to get the job done!
There are a number of ways you can get involved to make this event a huge success. You can…
- Volunteer to help us organize the event.
- Come to Olympia and share the message.
- Provide testimony in Olympia either in person or by proxy.
- Share this event on Facebook, tweet it, and tell your friends/neighbors.
- Help us raise the $5,000 we need for:
- Transportation & food — Most of you will be traveling a significant distance.
- Child care — 9/6 is a weekday, and many of you will need to bring your children. During the 2 hour hearing, we need to provide child care.
- Messaging Materials — We need to produce messaging materials for you to distribute in Olympia - and back home.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT — PARENTS and ALLIES CAN MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD